- At Brighton Dental Centre we recommend that dental check-ups are scheduled every 6 months These appointments allow your dentist to check and treat potential risks to your oral health and involve:
- Having your teeth thoroughly examined and where appropriate, X-rays taken to check for signs of decay
- Having your teeth professionally cleaned
- Gums are examined for signs of gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontal disease.
- Tooth wear due to incorrect tooth-brushing, chemical erosion (caused by high levels of acid in the mouth) or grinding (bruxism) of the teeth.
- Teeth crowding or spacing
- Temporomandibular (jaw joint) pain
- Oral cancer examinations, as cancer of the mouth is the sixth most common type of cancer in the body (most commonly caused by smoking and excessive alcohol).
- Customised treatment plans are drawn up as per individual patient needs
At Brighton Dental Centre we offer composite or tooth coloured fillings
For those patients who have worn out teeth due to bruxing\grinding teeth we can make custom made splints to prevent further wear.
Root Canal Treatment
When the tissue inside the root of a tooth is infected then a root canal treatment will remove this tissue and the tooth is able to be restored and saved from extraction
At Brighton Dental Centre we can perform this procedure effieciently using our Rotary endodontic system.
The root canal treated tooth often requires a crown after treatment to strengthen it
Crowns and Bridges
These are placed over an existing damaged tooth to provide strength and offer a long lasting solution.
- At Brighton Dental Centre we treat patients of all ages. We love seeing kids to help them form great oral hygiene habits from a young age.
- Child Dental Benefits’ Schedule
- Under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule, Medicare offers $1000.00 every two years to cover basic dental services to eligible children between the ages of 2 and 17. At Brighton Dental Centre we offer this treatment at no out of pocket cost to you, up to the above limit. To find out if your child is eligible
- Please contact the Department of Human Services(humanservices.gov.au) or search Child Dental Benefits Schedule (https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/child-dental-benefits-schedule) online. You can also call us to check your child’s eligibility.
We offer in office and take home whitening kits to give you a brighter smile
- Our mouthguards are custom made at a lab in Hobart
- These can be customised to your particular sport
- Oral Surgery includes a wide range of procedures including Surgical extractions, Wisdom Teeth Extractions, extraction of broken teeth and biopsies of lumps and bumps.
- Dr Yadir Singh has completed 3 years of postgraduate study in Oral Surgery at the University of Sydney and is able to provide these services to our patients.
- We accept all Private Health Funds
- HICAPS – claim your health fund benefit immediately
- We are a Medibank Preferred Provider
- Credit Cards
- Cash payments
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs